Empowering you with the knowledge and tools needed to support your optimal health culminates in two actions:
Knowledge = Education Tools = Products
We believe that if someone has perfect knowledge about holistic health and how the body works, then their only rational decision, 9 times out of 10, is to choose an NHI product first. Therefore our educational process is not about products but about holistic health – mind, body and soul.
Our Vision, to provide all the tools needed to support optimal health, means that our products must span all aspects of holistic health – the mind, body and soul. Our Vision to also lead the industry, means that products must reflect that leadership in everyway.
From results, to functionality, research, quality, purity and even packaging, we wanted to create products that ticked every box that both we and you, our customers, think are important.
To convey this concept easily, we have come up with a word and logo to describe how “Perfect the Essence” of a product is – “Perfessence”. So if you ever hear us describing a product as having Perfessence, or you see our Perfessence logo then you know that product ticks all the boxes.
- Results: We develop market leading products, with the highest success rates, supported by scientific and clinical research.
- Functionality: By establishing the optimal mode of action we address the cause, not just the symptoms.
- Science: The scientific research on NHI’s products includes pharmacology, toxicology and double-blind placebo controlled human clinical trials, published in International medical journals. Accepted by traditional and complementary medical associations and doctors alike, our research helps advance our industry.
- Quality: We control every stage of production, from seed to shelf, through scientifically researched species, phenotype, variety, soil, geographic location and climatic conditions. Customized growing, harvesting and proprietary manufacturing processes for each individual herb based on its specific biology and chemistry are carried out in GMP certified facilities. These vertically integrated operations create unparalleled levels of the full spectrum of active ingredients found in each herb and ensure the maximum bioavailability in every product. In addition long term quality is supported through stability verification and optimal product packaging using oxygen and moisture barrier blister packs and UV shielding boxes.
- Purity: Our strict attention to all aspects of product purity, including Organic Certification (USDA, European Union and Japanese), Non-GMO, California’s Heavy Metals Proposition 65 compliance, and products free of chemicals, alcohol, additives, colorings, preservatives, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, gluten, dairy, soy, and corn – all in vegan capsules, means that you are assured of having a100% pure product.
- Cultural: Our products are all vegan and Kosher certified so that people of all beliefs can use our products.
Education:NHI’s Medical Board consist of some of the leading experts, authors and educators in natural medicine and integrative health. In addition we support organizations that empower, educate and further our industry, such as the Naturopathic Education and Research Consortium, Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine, and three of the US Colleges of Naturopathic Medicine and Awakes, a non-profit dedicated to educating and empowering people in holistic and integrative health.
Tori Hudson, ND Jan Roberts, B.Pharm, Dip. Clin. Nutrition Henry Meissner, Ph.D Corey Schuler, DC, MS, LN Christina Youngren, ND Peter Bablis, DC, ND, LAc, Herbalist, Ph.D Shannon Wood, ND, LM, MS Helen Davakos, ND, DC
- Environment: We use vegetable inks and recycled cardboard, paper and packaging. Our office is compliant with San Francisco’s green code and we employ environmentally sustainable agricultural practices in all our farming around the world.
- Social Responsibility: All operations in third world countries are either joint ventures with local people or 100% locally employed. We establish value added industries, instead of simply trading commodities, creating year-round employment and generating up to ten times the revenue that standard operations would for the local communities. In addition, we support social outreach programs such as Nourish America and Medicine Horse that are aligned with our Vision and Core Values.